GSH was founded in Great Britain by George Scarr-Hall in 1895, as an installation business in the porcelain industry in Stoke on Trent. In 1975, George S Hall Service Ltd. established locations in London, Glasgow and Manchester. In 1983, Ian Scarr-Hall took over management and GSH started specialising in service and maintenance.
Since 1983, GSH has operated outside Great Britain as well, now with more than 2,200 employees worldwide. These days it is one of the largest independent technical maintenance companies, with more than 30 locations and a distinguished service record.